Friday, August 11, 2006

Guitar rant, part 1

The quality of guitars produced overseas and south of the border has improved recently, HOWEVER ... for my money there is nothing like an American-made axe. It doesn’t matter what style you play or enjoy listening to, I believe this to be true. I own three American-mades, and one of them was obtained in a trade for a "not-made-in-the-USA" electric guitar that is one of the worst purchases I've ever made.

On a recent trip to a South Bay music store this was reinforced to me as I had the opportunity to play several fine electric guitars by Gibson. There is just no comparison. Same goes for accoustics, I'll put a Gibson or a Taylor or a Martin or a Breedlove up against anything.

There is a lot written and spoken these days about the decline of our great country - I don't buy it. ... But one thing I do buy and will keep buying is American-made guitars!

No comments: