Saturday, February 10, 2007

I was wrong ... and other stuff

Congratulations to the Indianapolis Colts on their XLI Super Bowl victory.

I thought the Bears would not make the amount and types of mistakes that they did: wrong.

I thought the Bears defense tackled better: wrong.

I thought the Bears' blitzes would get to Peyton Manning at some point, or at least pressure him into more bad throws: wrong.

I thought the Bears' running game would help them control the clock: wrong (the opposite happened).

So who was the real MVP of the game? Manning is a compelling choice, as is RB Dominick Rhodes or RB Joseph Addai for that matter. But Indianapolis' offensive line carried the play, and dominated it at times.

Key stats of the game: Turnovers and time of possession, and the Colts dominated both. Had Indy been able to cash in on more of its red-zone opportunities, this one would have been an even bigger blowout even sooner.

No comments: